Becker’s Hospital Review and Imprivata hosted a webinar on September 10 discussing strategies to protect privacy and maintain efficiency within hospital information systems while employees work from home. The speakers of the webinar were:
- Matt Erich, vice president of sales engineering, Imprivata
- Joel Alcon, product marketing manager, Imprivata
The speakers discussed five considerations for hospitals shifting to a more remote workforce and expanding virtual care offerings:
- Remote workers need access to the same clinical systems they had access to in the hospital.
- Use portals where remote workers can access their cloud-delivered applications as well as their traditional server applications, which are delivered through virtualization technology.
- Adopt virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Utilize telehealth applications to remotely identity proof prescribers.
- Relax some security controls so they don’t come into play when a telehealth visit is in progress.